As mentioned in my other two posts, there will be upsets! That said, don't build your bracket flush with upsets. Final fours are dominated by top seeds, so hone in on your top teams and build from there. A lot is going to change, ie if Florida beats Nevada (very possible), one of my brackets is absolutely bust. That's why I have multiple brackets on teams that COULD make a deep run, like Nevada/Buffalo/Auburn/Purdue. Here are my top ranked upsets in week one, based on my projections in the picks section, combined with some additional analysis.
- Northeastern (13) over Kansas (4). +250
- Oregon (12) over Wisconsin (5) +115
- Liberty (12) over Miss St. (5) +250
- Belmont - if made (11) over Maryland (6)
- Murray St (12) over Marquette (5) +160
Interested in other upsets? View my projections for all of round 1 (and 2) to find ones that you like.